This Tag/idea came to me from Preeti, it is originally written by Emily Barton from telcommuter talk.
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have travelled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one "date" with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.
Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?
It is Oct 2000. I went 10 years back, because 15 years back I was too young for this date. :)
My younger self studies in 10th std in a girls only school in Jamshedpur. They have a gang of 9 girls and they enjoy their last year in school to the fullest. This year only my younger self attended the NCC republic day camp, and received best cadet award there. She enjoyed all the fame and attention after returning to her home town Jamshedpur, when many newspapers took her interview.
Last week only her gang won a bet for 100rs from one classmate and they did an ice cream party with that money in the nearby restaurant and then ran back to school, because they saw their class teacher entering the same restaurant.
1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?
Yes she would recognize me. However at first place she will be very much surprised to see me. She has been very skinny all through the years and she used to believe that she will never grow by an inch also, no matter how much ever sweets and chocolates she eats. Call it an effect of movies or anything else, she used to believe that once she grow older than 20 she will look entirely different (read it extremely gorgeous), as we see in movies, kid Madhuri Dixit and young Madhuri Dixit never look same. :P
2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?
Yes she will be. As she always wanted to become a doctor. She will be surprised to see me working in engineering domain.
3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?
Don’t wear those high heels and feel uncomfortable while walking. You have good height so wear the comfortable flats. And stop putting so much of oil in your hair, it looks sticky.
4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?
What percentage she will get in her 10th board exam.
5. How would you answer YYS's question?
Stop worrying about the marks and percentage because in coming years of your life you will be judged by your work and not by your marks in these exams.
6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?
I would tell her to stop worrying for small-small issues. There is no point crying for hours when she comes 4th in her class. In her coming life these things won’t be important for her. And when mom scolds her for her clumsiness, she should not get angry on mom, as mom is correcting her and helping her become better in life.
7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?
I would never tell her how painful is threading and waxing. ;)
8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?
YSS will be most surprised to know that now I am not scared of sleeping alone, because she used to sleep with her parents always. She will be surprised to here that now I am not that much scared of cockroaches as she is.
9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?
That I am still in contact with my school friends and I am still in love with sweets and chocolates so much that I can eat full packet of sweets and can skip my meal.
10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?
Of course. She would love to become more confident and smart person as I am now. :)
I enjoyed doing this tag and now I tag Nasia, Aneesh, Shilpa, Hemal, Sourav.
if anyone else liked this tag, consider yourself tagged by me and leave a comment, I would love to read that :)
Terrible Tragedy #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2Z
20 hours ago