As soon as you are out of college and start earning your parents switch from “Study well” to “get married soon” mode, even their blessings change from “May god give you success and wisdom” to “May god give a good life partner”. Parents feel that giving their child good education and then finding a perfect life partner for him/her is the main motive of their life. They want to finish these responsibilities ASAP so that they can enjoy their life tension free. And once you celebrate the silver jubilee of your presence on this earth, your whole family (also count the relatives you last met when you used to suck your thumb) start getting worried about your marriage.
Anyways, all these well wishers vanish after dancing to the tunes of DJ and enjoying the lavish food on your wedding. And it’s just the two newly wedded souls left to deal with the after effects (read side effects) of marriage. Here are some of the Side effects of marriage discovered by me ;)
1. You can no more shop or go out all alone, if you are spotted by your pals they will treat you like a poor thing, or will suspect some problems going on between you and your partner.
2. Elderly start expecting good news from you every time they call you. I feel they won’t mind if you deliver a baby on 6 month anniversary of your wedding.
3. Whenever you feel tired and want to hug the bed tight, your partner will feel hungry. Drag yourself to the kitchen.
4. When your partner compliments your beauty you can’t smile like Sharmila Tagore from Kashmir ki kali and say “it’s just my natural beauty” because he has seen you applying that facemask and beauty cream. Kill me...!!
5. Every time you enter the bathroom after he used it you will shout, it may start with how to keep the mug and can go on till your imagination and strength allows ;)
6. All the heavy cloths and jewellery you bought during your marriage thinking you will wear it someday (in my case even count the matching purses and sandals) will do nothing good but just eat space in your cupboard and will remind you time to time how well you wasted your hard earned money on them. Someday never comes!
7. You will wish to have two Television sets in your home or a button in remote control to make him disappear, whenever he will express his wish to watch news or cricket match at the scheduled time of your favourite TV show.
However your days will be more eventful than they used to be during your singlehood. Because someone will always be around to talk to you like a friend, tease you and fight with you like your siblings, care for you and guide you like your dad, love you like a true lover and piss you off like a real husband :P
So if you are fine with these side effects, don’t wait anymore let the wedding bells ring. :D
PS: You are welcome to add more to this list, please feel free to share them in comment section J